WHY HARVEST RAINWATER?
The earth is known as the Blue Planet for
a reason, it’s no surprise that water is a dominant part of our everyday lives.
The world's current challenge is to improve the planet’s water quality and then
maintain clean and healthy water that supports all life forms in our diverse
HOW DOES IT
The illustration below describes each of
the components of the Aquascape™ RainXchange™ rainwater harvesting system with a
Click on the Image below to view a
full size PDF.
What are the benefits of a Rainwater Harvesting
The Aquascape RainXchange™ System is a
revolutionary design that combines a recirculating decorative water feature with
a sub-surface rainwater harvest storage system.
Traditional ways of rainwater harvesting do not add beauty or value to your home
or office setting. RainXchange™ by Aquascape Inc. adds the beauty of a water
feature to a revolutionary system for capturing and reusing our most precious
- Clean, Filtered Water Storage: While you enjoy the
benefits of a decorative water feature, the RainXchange™ System filters the
stored water to prevent stagnation and growth of unhealthy bacteria.
- The RainXchange™ System reveals only a beautiful water feature
that integrates easily into existing landscape.
- Locating and storing the water underground maintains
the integrity and beauty of your home and landscape.
Wildlife Habitat because the water stored in the
RainXchange™ System is constantly moving and being aerated, it becomes a
sanctuary for wildlife.
Water Feature Lifestyle: enhanced landscaping improves property
value and water features provide soothing sights and sounds that help you
relax and de-stress in today’s busy world.
Environmental Conservation: capturing rainwater to operate the
water feature creates true self-sustainability, drastically reducing the
need for chemically-treated traditional water sources.
Capturing and reusing rainwater makes dollars and “sense”
- Reduce water bills including city storm sewer charges
- Alleviate demand on municipal systems
- Avoid strict watering schedules
Better for your landscape than municipally treated water
- Rainwater is extremely rich in nutrients
- Using rainwater to irrigate will reduce fertilizer use
- No chemicals have been added to rainwater
How Can You Reuse Rainwater Using Aquascape’s RainXchange™?
- Landscape irrigation for your lawn and flowerbeds
- Washing your car, patio or deck
- Topping off water features, swimming pools, & hot tubs
- Protect property from wildfires
Rainwater Harvesting Facts
- 1 inch of rainfall on a 2,000 sq. ft. residential roof generates 1,250
gallons of water that can be reused.
- That same roof in a region receiving 30 inches of annual rainfall
generates 41,000 gallons of reusable water.
- The average US household with a 10,000 square foot lot uses 5,000
gallons of water weekly for landscape irrigation.
- Running a sprinkler for 2 hours can use up to 500 gallons of water.
- The RainXchange™ allows you to collect thousands of gallons of water
anywhere, even in the Desert!